Thursday, September 4, 2008

THE FOUR IRENES!!











For Labor Day we had Mom, Kelly, Tony, and Addie came over for the evening. Kelly made manicotti and it was so good. I had never had it before. It was kinda like lasagna without the meat. She also made a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. We fixed Caesars Salad, corn and I had some Sister Shubert Rolls(these are great with anything). We sat and visited and played with Addie. She is a hoot. She kept us laughing the entire evening. She had Robert's old cell phone and keep listening to the ring tones and was bobbin her head to the music. Kelly really loved music when she was little and Addie is just like her. She tries to sing along and we are teaching her how to do the Hokey Pokey.
The one thing that will make adults act like silly kids, is a grandbaby. But it is so much fun and we are enjoying her so much. She loves to go outside, she could spend hours outside no matter how hot it is!!
Robert took some pics of Addie, Kelly, Mom and me. There are four generations here and we all have the middle name of Irene. This name has been handed down for generations. I have followed it back 7 generations on our family tree(once it was used as a first name).
I am so thankful that my Mom is here to enjoy Addie. Lots of kids don't get to know their grandparents so for Addie to have a Great Grandmother and be her namesake is really special.(for mom and Addie)
Thank You Lord for the blessings on my family!!

1 comment:

Robert D said...

YES,Thank you Lord for my family and the 4 Irene's....Actually, there are 5 Irene's(but that's another story)I am truely blessed...