Monday, August 25, 2008

Are there Dogs in Heaven??

PATCH
Tears are rolling and I can hardly see the screen. The vet came to our home today and put Patch to sleep. It was drizzling rain and such a somber day for a somber mood. Dr. Edwards was so sweet he gave him a shot that put him to sleep first. He was very sympathetic and knew that Patch was a part of the family. Kyle and Jason were here with Chase and that was a huge help. Chase cried, but he knew it was best. He loved that dog, as did Robert and I. Kelly grew up with him too. I hope there are dogs in heaven, because if they are, Patch is with my Daddy right now.

Kyle dug the hole for us and said a prayer and it was so sweet. Chase has went over to Kyle's Grampa's shop to build some kind of Memorial for him to put out here in the yard where we buried him. I have tried not to cry in front of Chase and Robert because they are really taking it hard. I am home by myself and the tears are rolling like crazy. I know it had to be done. He was really starting not to feel good. He would not come when we called and when Blaze(our other dog)tried to get his food he could not even growl at him.

Blaze is running all over the back yard wondering where Patch is.

Well, life goes on.....

2 comments:

Kelly said...

We love you Patch!! Tell Papaw Benny that we love him! ~RIP~

LindaJean said...

Oh... I am so sorry about your dog. My mom always said, "If you need ...(your dog)... to be happy in heaven, he will be there!" And if God cares for even the sparrows, he certainly cares for your doggie...