Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Momma Knows These Things!



We had Chase back to the hospital yesterday for yet another Hyda Scan(this is a test that tells if your gall bladder is emptying like it is suppose to) He had one 2 years ago and it was dumping at 21%! (the low side of normal is 38%) so this means that if I had not been overruled by Chase and his Daddy he would be gallbladderless and would not have went through the last two years afraid to eat certain foods. Anyhoo, last year we done a second Hydascan, its dumping at 93% that day. Whoopee! Well nothing changes he still gets sick after he eats greasy or fatty foods, but not every time??? We take him to Lebonour and have a CT scan, endoscopy, colonoscopy, and blood work at the wazoo. Can't find nothing?? Really I told them I thought it was his gallbladder(I speak from experience, I don't have mine, Kelly had hers removed at the ripe young age of 21, she was doing the same thing Chase is doing now.... My mother is gallbladderless as is 2 of my 3 Dear brothers.) Yes we have a huge disdain for gall bladders!!! Well yesterday it is dumping at about 38 or 39 percent??? I have no idea what the doctors are going to do. Three reading that vary this much I just don't understand.. But the symptoms are as plain as the nose on your face. I did not call the doc today for fear of what I might hear?? I want to hear, "Yes We need to remove his gall bladder." If I don't get to hear that I really don't know what else to do.. I am at a loss of how to help my son. I do understand that a surgeon cannot remove body parts because Mommy says so. I would do this for him in a heartbeat if I knew it would make him better!! Keep us in your prayers!! We have excellent Medical Facilities here for a small town. The nuclear med tech, Karen is an angel. We have gotten to know here very well with all the Hyda Scans we have had!LOL We have a great surgeon here too. Dr. Greene, he did Kelly's and my surgery!!

No comments: